Search with Google

Google
 

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Life

We attended the funeral of a favourite uncle recently.

Unfortunately, cancer had claimed another victim. There have been too many funerals, too many cases of bad news broken over the telephone followed by shocked silence.

This blog was actually inspired by a more serious blog of a friend. She is far away and is also struggling with cancer. Her family had moved just before she was diagnosed. They were in a new country, new city and new community. In order to keep up with family and friends all over the world, her husband started a blog. It was not possible to speak with everyone who cared and concentrate on their struggle.

Because of the wonderful energy my friends give, the new community embraced them and surrounded their family with support. They are so grateful for the love that surrounds them.

In this blog, I am blessed to be able to goof around, burn my buns and laugh at my mistakes. When small things go wrong, I love the laughter it generates. When big things go wrong, I am so very very grateful for the love and support of family and friends.

One of my cousins stated at my uncle’s funeral. This cancer is like French kissing the grim reaper. You’re irresistibly drawn towards him but you just don’t want to go all the way.

We will never stop laughing and loving.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

This is one of those posts that I'll still be thinking about days from now. Thank you for providing this perspective on what we're doing here, and why we do it. My thoughts are with you and your family, hoping that you find peace.

BC said...

Thank you. We are very blessed.

Anonymous said...

Sympathies...prayers...and I understand.